Aims and Objectives
- To strengthen the foundation of English.
- To enhance students’
- To arouse students’
Enhancing teaching and learning effectiveness by
- using a learner-centred and a task-based approach;
- catering for learner diversity;
- promoting assessment for learning.
- Lay a good foundation in learning English.
- Paving the way for independent and lifelong learning and effective communication of knowledge, ideas,values, attitudes and experience.reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.interest in learning English.
Suggested Modules and Units for Key Stages 1 and 2
|Key Stage 1||Key Stage 2|
|Caring and Sharing||Changes|
|‧Keeping pets||‧Now and then|
|‧I am a good citizen||‧Respect for life|
|‧People who help us||‧Wishes and dreams|
|‧We can||‧Growing up|
|‧Good day and bad days||‧A changing world|
|Fun and Games||Food and Drink|
|‧Bright idea||‧Favourite food and drink|
|‧Show time||‧We can cook|
|‧Play safe||‧Eating out|
|‧Sports and games we play||‧Healtht eating|
|Me,My Family and Friends||Happy Days|
|‧This is me!||‧Festivals|
|‧My favourite things||‧Special events|
|‧Me and my family||‧Entertainment and Ieisure|
|‧This is my home||‧Hobbies|
|‧Me and my friends||‧A bag of laughs|
|Places and Activities||Relationships|
|‧School days||‧Knowing our neighbours|
|‧Let’s go shopping||‧Beautiful people|
|‧Ready to read||‧Marking friends|
|‧Holiday time||‧Send a message|
|‧Out for fun||‧East meets West and more|
|The world Around Us||The magic of Nature|
|‧Sunrise,sunset||‧Wonders of mature|
|‧Wonderful seasons and weather||‧Out in space|
|‧Amazing animals and plants||‧The lost world|
|‧What is in the park?||‧Fascinating oceans|
|‧Same and different||‧Taking care of our earth|
|Using My Five Senses||We Love Hong Kong|
|‧Sounds and noises||‧Jobs people do|
|‧Taste it,touch it||‧Knowing more about my community|
|‧Colours around us||‧Travelling around|
|‧Shapes and numbers||‧Special people,special people|
Primary Literacy Programme – Reading / Writing (PLP-R/W)
IMPORTANCE OF READING
Reading helps to develop thinking skills, enriches knowledge, enhances language proficiency and broadens life experience. Reading enhances the learning capacity of the student.PLP-R/w is a literacy/reading programme initiated/sponsored by EDB. The programme has been running with great success.The programme is being continuously supported by the NET section of EDB and is being taught by both local teachers and the Native English Teacher.
- Teaching reading and writing through a variety of strategies.
- Nurturing positive attitude towards reading and learning English.
- Learning to read and reading to learn.
- Phonics are being taught during both PLP-R and GE lessons.
- Phonics are extremely important part of learning English.
- By learning the letter-sound relationships, students learn to read and improve their pronunciation and spelling skills.
From Reading to Writing
In order to help students to learn different text types and to write in context, we have developed task books with different levels for Primary 4 to Primary 6 students.
The books include:
- The Magic Porridge Pot
- Clifford’s Birthday Party
- What Really Happened, Little Red?
- The Bank Robbery
- Short Pants
- Milo’s Great Invention
- Grandma’s Story
- Puss in Boots